I don't need to sell my soul...

I don't need to sell my soul, he's already in me...


Some people are obsessed with fame. With the pretence of being somebody. Being anybody. Of being adored, even if it's in a throwaway fashion kind of way.

Well, I've got news for you - everybody is somebody. To somebody you are everybody. 


You know the 'famous for the sake of being famous' types? The 'plastic celebrities'. I could list endless amounts of these non-entities, but by the time I'd get to the end of the list the ones at the start would already be long forgotten. People should be famous for how they enrich people's lives. Personally, the term 'reality tv star' is the ultimate oxymoron.


The thing is, culturally we miss out on so much because we are bombarded with messages that are designed to reprogram our natural instincts and make us consumers of trash, of greed, of vanity. I don't want to be like any of them. I don't want or need anything they have. None of us do. 


I am thankful that I have accepted me for me. I am comfortable in my own, coloured in skin. There are many things I am not, but there are so many more I am. I am me. I'm at the stage of my life, and have been for some time, where I am cool with that. I'd even go as far as to say that (in my own way) I'm cute, loveable and a wee bit sexy. 


Those who don't accept me are going to get very tired trying to change me. This is the outlook we all should embrace. Please adopt this as your mantra - even if just for today. Be you for you!


I wanna be adored...?


Happy Damn Friday Peeps! x


I'd love to hear from you - you can reach me on:


@happydamnfriday on Twitter

happydamnfriday@outlook.com

happydamnfriday@yahoo.com



Comments