Do you belong anywhere...?

I don’t belong anywhere - or do I? I guess maybe I do. I know this because I am happy to be me wherever I am. I am happy because of who I am with.  I find happiness in people I form a bond with. Sometimes it can be an appreciation of the same music (Metallica, R.E.M, Stiff Little Fingers and Depeche Mode will always get you off to a good start), but it can be an empathy to a point of view or a similar outlook on the world today. I like people who think. 

Over the years I have met many people and made friends with lots of people. My closest friends I hold dear, and know they are always there. The years and miles between us doesn’t matter, and that’s exactly how it should be. 

I guess the main thing is I still, at 44 years young, see life as one big adventure. The coolest thing for me is that no matter who you are, where you have been, or what you have done - the brightest and best adventures are yet to come. Nothing can stop you from believing in yourself and from having the most wonderful adventures, and the most amazing life. If you want life to be amazing, take your brand of amazing to life. 

So whether you are waking at dawn and getting out there whilst the morning mist burns away with the freshness of the new day. Or perhaps you are seeing in the “wee small hours” and taking in the fullness of the day, processing it - learning from it and evaluating where you are and what you want. It is all relevant. It is all what makes the adventure what it is. 

Don’t feel like you need to belong anywhere just to fit in. Don’t quash yourself like that - EVER!  Instead feel like you belong because you have a natural affinity with your surroundings. That’s what real belonging is. 

So do I belong anywhere? I belong wherever I go, because I make wherever I go special to me. I often awake with the dawn and await the sunrise. Yet too in the dead of the night I do my deepest thinking, my contemplation and my reflection of a life 44yrs old - but more than that still to come. 

The midnight knows me well...

Happy Damn Friday Peeps! x

I'd love to hear from you - you can reach me on:

@happydamnfriday on Twitter
happydamnfriday@outlook.com
happydamnfriday@yahoo.com



Comments