Nothing Else Matters...

On Tuesday night I got to go see my favourite band in the world Metallica. I have been listening to them on practically a daily basis since I saw them perform at my first ever concert. All the way back on 1st October 1988, in my hometown of Antrim at the local leisure centre. That show, and every show along the years just reaffirms why they’re my favourite. At the risk of sounding corny they are important to me because they have been part of my life for so long, since I first heard the Master of Puppets record. This time round I was lucky enough to share the experience with my wife, her first Metallica show - and I’m quietly confident it won’t be her last. The same for our friends who went to the show too. 


So why do I love this band so much? They have been the soundtrack of my life, and I admire how even after 36yrs they are still one of the biggest bands in the world - and show no signs of stopping. 


If you have ever been fortunate enough to experience them live you will have heard James Hetfield talk about the “Metallica Family”. Having heard this over the years I’ve grown to appreciate that they have such a loyal fan base, and the appreciation the band have for their fans, their “family” is so clear. A total mutual appreciation. 


Personally, I have learnt a lot from the ethos of the “Metallica Family”. Whilst I have moved away from my hometown, and home country, I have learnt that family is more than blood. Family are those who stand with you along your journey. I have my family and I also have my “family”, I have those who have been there for me and with me through everything. I have support, encouragement, loyalty and love. In return I give all of these and more. So for those who inspire me, those who are with me on this journey, and my “family” I thank you. This is all that matters. 


Never opened myself this way, 

Life is ours we life it our way. 

All these things I don’t just say,

And nothing else matters...


Happy Damn Friday Peeps! x


I'd love to hear from you - you can reach me on:


@happydamnfriday on Twitter

happydamnfriday@outlook.com

happydamnfriday@yahoo.com



Comments