Catch up - it might just catch on...

Last night I spent over an hour on the phone catching up with an old friend. Someone who I grew up with, partied with, went to gigs with, and he even lodged with me when I bought my first house. This wasn’t going to be what I wrote about this week, but you know what - it reminded me of how fortunate I am. 


I am extremely lucky that I have some dear friends who have been part of my life since the Dublin Road, since school, since college, since BIFHE (Uni for those who weren’t there 😉), since a certain workplace, since karate, since forever. The thing is I know that I don’t speak to them all every day. Sometimes life gets in the way, which is a rubbish failing we all fall prey to. It’s harder to see some because they live in Northern Ireland where as I now live in sunny Hampshire in the south of England. But what I absolutely love is whichever of my friends and whatever the method of contact, within seconds it ignites and evokes a conversation that would be equally the same as if I’d been with them just a day before. It can even be by text, within just a few messages the re-connection results in a barrage of messages ranging from filling in the gaps since the last catch up to joking and just getting carried away in being in the company of people that make you happy. 


Along with the friends I have had for most of my life, I have been making new friends along the way. Last weekend I spent with some of my newer friends and was blessed to share the day of two who got married. 


I value all my friends. I am thankful for everybody who comes into my life through friendship. There have been times in my life where things have been tough and it has been my friends that have got me through. 


Always be humble and remember that your friends are gifts in your life. Aspire to be the same for them. Always. You don’t necessarily have to have a massive circle of friends, you just need those who care for you as you do them. 


Be there for them, as they are for you. Talk about everything and anything. Laugh at absolutely everything, no matter how absurd. Don’t wait for a reason to call, to message, to visit. Just do it. There is no time like the present. There is no time like now. 


Do it before there is simply no time...


Happy Damn Friday Peeps! x


I'd love to hear from you - you can reach me on:


@happydamnfriday on Twitter

happydamnfriday@outlook.com

happydamnfriday@yahoo.com




Comments