Do the bump...?

Everywhere we go we see warning signs, whether it be on the goods we use, or in the environment in which we live, work or study. One that caught my eye this week, and brought the inspiration for this weeks blog is the “Danger of Death” sign. 


Why this one? Well for me it’s because it’s not just a warning that there is a potentially unsafe situation, but to me it acts a reminder to live. More importantly to not be afraid to live. Live life to the fullest and have as many adventures as you can. If you think about it, each and every day we have a potential for it to be our last. A pretty sobering thought if you sit back and really think about it. But due to the enormity of this, it is one of the most motivational thoughts you can and should have. Motivation to live for every moment of every day. Remembering that life isn’t a dress rehearsal. 


Last week I wrote about being stuck in a traffic jam for a slither of eternity. But it gave me time to think and to plan adventures and good times ahead. So this week I have booked tickets for a music festival next month to (hopefully) soak up the summer sun whilst enjoying the live music of likes of Paul Weller, Brian Wilson and many others over the course of the day. Just being chilled and loving life. 


To take the ‘not being afraid to live’ one step further, tomorrow we’re making a 10hr, 600 mile round trip journey to north Wales to a zip line experience. Not just a zip line, but a zip line over a quarry that is 1.5km long and reaching speeds of over 100mph. This is what I mean by not being afraid to live, because I know that the thrill of this will be something that I will always remember. It will be something that even if I live to 100 years old, I will always keep the memories of this and every adventure I’ve had, the ones I share now and the rest I’ve yet to come. Life should be about smiles, goosebumps and happiness. You don’t have to be an adrenaline junky, you just need to do stuff that excites you when you plan it and has you looking forward to it coming around. 


Live for the goosebump moments in your life. Live for people that give you goosebumps, those who make you smile and bring you happiness because they ignite the fire in your soul. 


And always remember; goosebumps don’t lie...


Happy Damn Friday Peeps! x


I'd love to hear from you - you can reach me on:


@happydamnfriday on Twitter

happydamnfriday@outlook.com

happydamnfriday@yahoo.com




Comments