Might as well jump...

This week I managed to tick off another item off my bucket list. On Sunday at approximately 11am I jumped out of a perfectly good aeroplane at 8000 feet. 


I have always been curious and excited about the prospect of doing a parachute jump, and on Sunday I got to experience that first hand. I don’t have a fear of heights, but instead a respect for them. But that moment of sitting on the doorway of the plane then launching out and tumbling through the clouds before free falling, that made me want to ensure I take every opportunity to experience awesome and be awesome for the rest of my life. 


The accelerated rush of the wind as I reached terminal velocity before the parachute deployed and then the floating back to terra firma. What can I saw but ‘Wow’, what an utterly phenomenal experience!


I have to say I wasn’t nervous, I was calm, but I was excited. As the plane climbed to the heavens I thought about life and about how many never get to experience the stuff they dream of. 


It dawned on me that this week marked the anniversary of the 9/11 terror attacks. The fact that more than three thousand innocent men and women woke up that day with hopes and dreams and bucket lists, only to never fulfil anything past that fateful morning. 


Such a sobering thought, yet it also made me sad that there are millions of other people in the world who never even try to achieve their dreams. Their lives wasting away with each sunset that falls on another unfulfilled day.  In one single moment life as we know it may never be the same again. As you wake each day be thankful that you get to experience another 24hrs on this lifetime. Never take one second of your life for granted.


Get out there and do something, do one thing (to start with) that is something you always wanted to do, or something you’ve wanted to try but come up with more excuses than reasons to go for it. 


It takes a simple leap of faith, sometimes a little or sometimes a lot of courage and in the immortal words of David Lee Roth:

“Might as well jump”...


Happy Damn Friday Peeps! x


I'd love to hear from you - you can reach me on:


@happydamnfriday on Twitter

happydamnfriday@outlook.com

happydamnfriday@yahoo.com




Comments