From Wits End to Lands End...

This week I have been lucky enough to get a few days away in the southern most tip of Cornwall. Staying in the beautiful fishing village of Mousehole. This place is tranquility in every sense. More so for me the location is a mere ten miles from the famous Lands End, the most southerly part of the United Kingdom. What a stunning coast line it is too. 


The trip come at a time when I’ve been feeling a little run down with the general day to day goings on of life, and various bits in between. This has manifested itself in a chest infection and feeling a bit Meh. A reminder that, despite the occasional urge to wear my underwear outside my jeans - I am not superman!


For me the lesson this week is the reminder of how important it is to detach yourself from life, even if only for a couple of days. Sometimes we need to find a retreat and go there, where we become calm, and those around us match the headspace we need to be in. 


I am sure we have all heard the expression of “I’m at my wits end”... by definition this means:

If you say that you are at your wits' end, you are emphasizing that you are so worried and exhausted by problems or difficulties that you do not know what to do next.


If this seems like the place you are in now, then please believe me unless you step back and take yourself out of that situation it will engulf you. It will drain you and it will leave you as an empty void of your previous self. The thing is you don’t even need to go away for the weekend, you just need a little time to switch off. It could be a walk in the woods or on the beach (my personal favourite). Or even just to lay in a bath and soak away the stresses that have become attached to your every move. 


Some people call it grounding, others call it switching off. No matter what your term for it is, recognising the need to go there will be one of the most important skills you will ever accomplish. 


My switch off came in Cornwall. My next will be... who knows, but I’m looking forward to the ride. 


Happy Damn Friday Peeps! x


I'd love to hear from you - you can reach me on:


@happydamnfriday on Twitter

happydamnfriday@outlook.com

happydamnfriday@yahoo.com




Comments