My Dark Places...

So this week on we have had World Mental Health Day. A day when it highlights the message of mental well-being. A very, very important message. 


The thing is it shouldn’t just be one day. It should be a way of life. 


We all have a responsibility for the mental health and well-being of those around us. Our friends, family and loved ones. We are one hug, one cup of tea or one kind word away from making a day a little brighter for them. 


So why stop at those who are close to us? I honestly believe that kindness to others will bring about a happiness or a level of hope when before there was none. 


Many of us will have heard of the ‘Black Dog’. A representation of depression, that somehow manages to come back time and time again. For those who have struggled with depression, this can be the lowest ebb you can imagine. It is when nothing seems to be how it could. When we find it hard just to be. Days when tiredness overwhelms, regardless of how much sleep is had. The emotionally exhausting times when just trying to get through the day seems like a fog that just won’t lift. I have had my days with the black dog. I am not ashamed to admit it, and I feel empathy for anyone who has too. 


Sadly many seem ‘ok’ outwardly. Sometimes hiding our true feelings can be dangerous. Sometimes it can lead to the finality of of bringing about the end of time for that person. Even when we have those days when you just want to hide away what we have to remember at all times is “It’s ok to not be ok”. This is possibly one of the most important messages you can ever pass on, or to hear yourself. Please believe me when I say it is ok. No matter what you are going through there will be someone somewhere who has experienced the level of sinking, the despair, the sadness and not wanting to be there. Please draw on the positivity and support from others, give yourself to their belief in you. You may just be surprised when you wake up and smile again. 


My door is always open, my phone is always on, and most importantly I believe in you and that the world deserves to see your smile. 


“Well, I got there in the end, 

With the help of many friends

Some who helped by simply just believing...


I’m not going back to my dark places!


Happy Damn Friday Peeps! x


I'd love to hear from you - you can reach me on:


@happydamnfriday on Twitter

happydamnfriday@outlook.com

happydamnfriday@yahoo.com




Comments