Go out there and get ‘em...

I know that I regularly encourage people to Carpe Diem (seize the day), but I just thought that this week I would share my reasoning for this. The whole process of why I want everyone to do just that. 


I am a firm believer in being positive, and positive thinking. For me being of a positive mind brings about solutions without even realising it. It enables me to look at the big picture when others can’t see what is right in front of their nose. 


The thing is I, like many, have been through the wringer on more than one occasion. However, the one thing the knocks, trials and tribulations of life has taught me is that it has yet to throw something at me that I couldn’t deal with. That’s a pretty big statement right there! It’s true though, I am still here and I still want to be all I can be. Don’t get me wrong, I am very aware I still have a long way to go, but I have enough humility to appreciate that. Just because I accept it I don’t limit myself by it. I use it to learn from every situation I encounter and to take those lessons with me. 


First hand I have experienced what it’s like to get knocked down, only to dust myself off and get back up again. There have been times when it has been tough to do so, but it has been a decision that has made it possible because I wanted to. It could have been easier to stay down at times, but that never achieved anything. 


I am happy with the man I am today. I hope that my sons and my father alike are proud of who I am too. 


So back to the whole Carpe Diem thing. It is so much more than a thing, it should be a mantra. It’s a mindset. It’s about what you want it to be. If you aren’t happy about something then YOU need to do something about it. 


All the big stuff, and all the small stuff (but equally important) is there to be had. All it takes is for you to wake each morning and know that you have the ability to make it happen. 


You have the capacity to be the sum total of all your aspirations, dreams and goals. 


Just go out there and get ‘em...



Happy Damn Friday Peeps! x


I'd love to hear from you - you can reach me on:


@happydamnfriday on Twitter

happydamnfriday@outlook.com

happydamnfriday@yahoo.com




Comments