I am not an island...

I thrive on being part of something bigger, even when I am alone. I live for the fact that the world is open to us all, open to our ability to explore. I love the fact that now as a man of 45 years young, the world has become smaller than it has ever been because of the technology I have to hand. I love that the ability to travel and explore different cultures is easier, and cheaper than ever before. 


I implore you all to get out there and explore. It doesn’t matter if you live in a small country - hell I grew up in Northern Ireland, with a population of 1.8million people. A tiny country, ‘Our Wee Country’, but a special country - just like whatever one you are in now as you read this. 


There are approximately 7.7billion of us on this tiny planet. Each and every one of us different, with something we can teach each other. How amazing is that!! 


So why are some people so ignorant?


It baffles me each and every day how some people think that they are superior to others, just because of their political views, their skin tone, their background or their religion is different. Here’s the thing, and this is so very important - not one person here is any better than anyone else. However, every single person here has the ability to be better than they ever thought possible because they want more from themselves, because they want more from life.  They want more and they want to give more. But it should never be at the detriment of anyone else. Not ever. 


The most successful people in life are those that encourage others as they grow and develop themselves. I believe that we can only get the best out of ourselves when we see the best of ourselves in those around us. Never think you can’t be amazing in every sense, and never let anyone make you think otherwise - this is the bit about at the detriment of anyone else.


I am open, the world is open. I know I can be more, I will be more. I know the world has more to give just like I have more to give the world. 


I am not an island, I am part of something more...


Be kind,

Work hard,

Stay humble!



Happy Damn Friday Peeps! x


I'd love to hear from you - you can reach me on:


@happydamnfriday on Twitter

happydamnfriday@outlook.com

happydamnfriday@yahoo.com




Comments