Try, Try Again...

Ever hear the phrase "If at first you don't succeed try, try and try again." It is credited to Robert the Bruce, king of Scotland. Quoted to his troops before the battle of Bannockburn in 1314. He is said to have been inspired by watched a spider weave its web, and for every time it fell it returned to continue its task. 


How many times in your life have you tried and not succeeded, only to try again and achieve your goal? Do you see a coincidence? If you give up, you will never know what you're capable of. If you give up you will never see everything you can be, and everything you can bring to your life and to those around you. 


Many people take the easy route and quit when something is difficult, or it takes a bit of effort. Me? I'm not afraid of hard work. I am not afraid of pushing myself to see just how much I can achieve. I know I will not achieve my goal in every task I set, but if I didn't try I would never know what I can or cannot do. Even the stuff I struggle with, I know in my heart that I will have given it my best shot, and kept going. 


What if James Dyson gave up when each of his 5,127 prototypes didn't quite work out? It's easy, he didn't because he had a vision of what he wanted and he put his everything into realising that dream. 


We can all be like this. All we need to do is want it. Keep trying and you'll get there. 


If 'Plan A' didn't work, just remember that the alphabet has 25 other letters... Don't worry, stay cool, everything is going to be alright!


Happy Damn Friday Peeps! x


I'd love to hear from you - you can reach me on:


happydamnfriday@outlook.com

happydamnfriday@yahoo.com


Comments