Man in the mirror...

Have you ever looked into the mirror and stared straight past yourself? What I mean is have you looked into your own eyes and found yourself looking right through them and right into your soul? 


I caught myself doing just that last night. I was staying in a hotel not far from Birmingham, I didn’t get there until late and after checking in I got to my room, splashed some water in my face and just stared without realising. I wasn’t studying myself, I never do as I am critical of how I look - but not in a vain way. I am however comfortable in my own skin. At the ripe old age of 45yrs old I reckon I’m improving with age. 


It was almost like an absence from the moment. I wasn’t trying to come up with a resolve for anything in particular, maybe it was just tiredness of a long day. I don’t know, but I do know that it is almost hypnotic. I don’t mean that in a bad way either. Call it a mini meditation if you will. A total clearing of the mind and unlocking relaxation needed after a full on day. 


Sometimes it’s good just to get lost in a moment of time. No distraction, no thought, just to clear your mind and have a moment of inner peace. The Japanese call it ‘mok'sō’ which translates as ‘mind of no mind’. I got taught how to meditate in this manner many years ago, and still do so today. Especially if when I go to bed and find my mind full of thoughts and processes and simply wont switch off - I hit the switch myself. 


Do it. At the very least try it. Sit still and close your eyes. Breath in through your nose and out through your mouth. As you breath in count in odd numbers and out in even numbers. The aim is to count to ten and start again. Which each repetition of ten you should find yourself drifting away from all the thoughts in your mind and into a peaceful state. 


Do this when you can, it will bring a lot to your life. Just this simple act of clearing your own mind will make a huge difference to your every day. 



Ever wonder if the person in the mirror is real and you are just a reflection of them?




Happy Damn Friday Peeps! x


I'd love to hear from you - you can reach me on:


@happydamnfriday on Twitter

happydamnfriday@outlook.com

happydamnfriday@yahoo.com




Comments