Shine on you crazy diamond...

Life can be pretty confusing at times. Doesn’t matter what age you are, whether it’s a child taking in all they can as their minds absorb their surroundings like a sponge. It can be as a young adult finding our way in life and the invincibility of youth. You may find yourself a little further along the path where life is more established and you are taking it on, taking it head on. (That’s the only way).

The thing is no matter where you are it can come with varying levels of chaos. Sometimes it occasionally comes with chaos from the top down. What do I mean by this? It’s easy, sometimes the chaos is nothing more than what is manifested in our own heads - and there alone. Hence chaos from the top down. 

If you think about it, often we can have a head like the sky. It can be calm and peaceful like a simmering sunset, or it can be wild and unstoppable like the fiercest of storms. 

For me, I believe there is far more power in a sunset than a storm. Purely because sunsets outnumber storms. That is the key, let calmness outnumber the storms in your mind. Even when the rest of the world is losing their head, the ability to keep yours will keep you one step ahead. 

Calmness is the key to everything. I’m not saying there shouldn’t be a storm to be unleashed, but that should always be in reserve and only ever expelled in the form of passion. I am softly spoken, and I am calm, but I am passionate. 

Always remember; a diamond is a chunk of coal that did well under pressure...

Happy Damn Friday Peeps! x

I'd love to hear from you - you can reach me on:

@happydamnfriday on Twitter
happydamnfriday@outlook.com

happydamnfriday@yahoo.com

Comments