Be the Wookie...

This week we lost a wookie. Not just any wookie, but the one and only wookie. I guess the greatest sadness is Peter Mathew is another name that has taken one last jump to hyperspace. For me I’m kinda gutted he passed on May 3rd, I mean how cool would it have been if he held out til Star Wars day itself May 4th?


If you are like me, you grew up with Star Wars. The movies that amazed me in my youth and still to this day I rate in my all time favourites. A western set in space - who knew that would ever work. Actually, a story of good versus evil, a love story that daren’t come true, and the hope of everything your could ever dream of. A New Hope. 


Even now as I sit here and write these words, I remember vividly watching each Star Wars movie as I got the opportunity. Growing up in Antrim, Northern Ireland in the 70’s amidst the fun and games of the troubles going to the cinema wasn’t really an option. But the power of vhs and video rental stores made it a reality for all. 


Even as I become an adult and the prequels were released, I still had goosebumps as the LucasFilm logo come into focus on the big screen. Ok, I’m gonna say it: JarJar Binks still annoys the shit out of me, but hey it’s only one movie. 


So where am I going with this? I suppose it’s as we get older we see things change, we see people pass. We lose loved ones. When it’s family members it is painful, same goes for extended family and for close friends. It’s inevitable, but it’s part of this journey we find ourselves on. I mean, just like the millennium falcon jumps to hyper space, we can’t just jump forward and miss the obstacles we may have to face. 


It’s ok though, if you have people in your life that can be your Princess Leia, your Han Solo or your Chewbacca, then you can take on even the darkest of empires. There’s going to be nothing that can stand in your way. 


Use the force; your force. Use your mind, your heart and your soul. Use you - and when you do you will be stronger and brighter and more powerful than any star, than any galaxy and anything the world has ever seen or likely to see ever again. 


May the force be with you...


Happy Damn Friday Peeps! x


I'd love to hear from you - you can reach me on:


@happydamnfriday on Twitter

happydamnfriday@outlook.com

happydamnfriday@yahoo.com




Comments