Feel the fear...

It’s been said that you should do one thing every day that scares you. “Feel the fear, and do it anyway”. I agree with this because it is the sense of pushing yourself that brings you to getting more from yourself. 


The thing is it doesn’t have to be something that really scares you in the sense of abject fear, it can be anything that takes you to the edge of your normality. 


For me I believe that life truly starts at the edge of your comfort zone. 


This week I have had a superb week, I’ve pushed myself professionally and it felt good. I’ve also had my birthday, which meant yesterday I spent the day at Thorpe Park theme park on the outskirts of London. My first time there, but definitely won’t be my last. 


I don’t consider myself an adrenaline junkie, but I do love the buzz that comes from being just over the edge of my comfort zone - even if that edge is over 100 feet up in the air, before hurtling toward the ground, through a variety of corkscrew turns and inverted loop the loops. The thing is I loved it. I love that edge of fear and giddy happiness at the end. Come to think about it, as I reflect on the year that’s been since my last birthday I have zip-wired over a quarry at 120mph at 500 feet up and I’ve done a parachute jump - hell, I may just have a little bit of adrenaline knocking around in my veins. 


Life should give you that buzz. Perhaps not every day, but you should have that level of happiness. It’s what we should all strive for. Don’t settle for less. Push yourself to find it. You deserve it. We all do. 


Go out there this weekend and do something that gives you that buzz. Gain that level of giddiness and laugh about how you may have been momentarily terrified/nervous/excited and just go for it. 


I’ve read of people who are addicted to rollercoasters because of the buzz it gives. Why not get addicted to living...?


Happy Damn Friday Peeps! x


I'd love to hear from you - you can reach me on:


@happydamnfriday on Twitter

happydamnfriday@outlook.com

happydamnfriday@yahoo.com




Comments