Let’s go back to where it all started...

Often you well hear this when someone is about to reminisce with the tales of great adventures. It can also be used to beguile the listener and intrigue them into hanging on every word. 


It can also be about reflection. Which I guess reminiscing is, but more so for learning as we live. We aren’t truly living unless we are learning as we go - anything else is just existing. Not to mention lacklustre and often stagnant. 


I reflect daily. I find it incredibly beneficial. Not just for my mental well being, something which as we come to the end of mental health week is as pertinent as ever. But more so it gives me a chance to think about my day and what I have achieved. Also what I can take as lessons from the outcomes of what I have achieved (or haven’t). 


Not only is this, but it enables me to take on board all of this and look at what I can take forward and aim to be better than myself. It’s no secret I am my own worst critic, it’s not that I want to be better than anyone else, nor am I jealous of anyone else. I just want to keep getting better at what I do, I want to be able to give my all in all I do. 


Reflection gives us the chance to take snippets of our lives on a daily basis and regardless if something doesn’t quite go according to plan, it allows us to remember all the other stuff we do well. That and the fact that doing well has got us to where we are at this very moment, and knowing that we have more to give and more to grow. 


It is so important to take time to reflect. 


I suppose a simple way to get into this mindset is to think about a time when you have ever looked into a mirror but also seen your reflection behind you in another mirror? If you think about it the mirror in front is the present and the future, the mirror behind is the past, and all that has been.  By focusing on the reflection you get to keep looking forward, but bring the learnings of the past with you. Pretty cool huh?


Mirror, mirror on the wall...


Happy Damn Friday Peeps! x


I'd love to hear from you - you can reach me on:


@happydamnfriday on Twitter

happydamnfriday@outlook.com

happydamnfriday@yahoo.com




Comments