Snake Pit and Loving Life...

So last night I went to see Metallica at Twickenham stadium in London. This is the 9th time I’ve seen them live over the last 31 years and wow do they bring it. 


What made last night so special was that I won passes to the legendary ‘Snake Pit’, an area at the front of the stage encapsulated by a walkway that the band use throughout their set. Ok, to put this in perspective I was less than two feet away from my musical hero’s - a bunch of guys that I have been listening to since I was 14. When I say I was less than two feet away, I was close enough to see the beads of sweat in their faces. 


For me being so close was just out of this world. But what struck me was the fact that they were smiling throughout. They were there loving what they do, and for a band with a 38 year career that ain’t so bad. Even having James ‘Papa Het’ Hetfield thanking everyone for coming down and acknowledging coming to see Metallica isn’t cheap, and people part with their hard earned money to come to the show. But what a show it is, from the huge imposing stage set up with flames shooting up to the flares that shoot off across the audience and then the fireworks that signal the end of the show. 


The thing is they all we clearly loving being there, just as much as the audience. There was such an energy that had the whole place buzzing. Each member of the band drank in the crowd and in return they gave them a rock show that, just like me, they won’t forget. 


I suppose the moral of this weeks blog is it’s so important to love what you do. If you love what you do then there’s no reason not to do it for 38 years and counting. There’s no reason not to be the biggest in the world after that amount of time and still be respected for the hard work and determination you have. But do it with like minded people. It won’t always be easy, and you’ll have your critics along the way - but keep at it and show that you are a force to be reckoned with. 


Don’t just be the fifth member of the Metallica family, have the world as a member of yours.


The memory remains...


Happy Damn Friday Peeps! x


I'd love to hear from you - you can reach me on:


@happydamnfriday on Twitter

happydamnfriday@outlook.com

happydamnfriday@yahoo.com




Comments