Taking time...

How many times do we relax at the end of a day and realise we haven’t done what we wanted?


Ordinarily this is pretty cool, especially at weekends, because it’s a sign that we have gone with the flow of our lives. However, if like me you get frustrated by this, it can be a sign that we either think (or plan) too much, and place unrealistic pressures on our time constraints. 


The same goes for spending time with those we want to. Friends, family, loved ones. The people that you want in your life and sometimes, just somehow fall foul of time running away with you. I have this. I have those who I would love to spend more time with, and am guilty of not. Something I know needs to change and something I know will. 


I am a firm believer in making memories rather than buying something to obtain their time. What I mean by this is I do not believe you need to throw money at someone/something to make a memory. Don’t get me wrong, I appreciate the cost and value of everything - and there is a distinct difference between cost and value. But what I really mean is, I will spend whatever I need to for a memory. It can be any amount, doesn’t matter if it is pence or hundreds/thousands of pounds. It’s the worth that matters. The best things in life aren’t things...?


I’ve been lucky enough to spend a lot of time with my two boys recently and it’s so nice that they just wanted my time. We could have went so many places, but instead just chilling out, hanging out, laughing and joking, going for walks, watching movies and bonding was more valuable than anything I could ever have bought. For me this is priceless. 


This should also be true of friendships and relationships. Be with people that just being in their company is what you look forward to. Be the kind of person that someone just wants to be with, for the very fact that you are there to make their day a little happier, funnier, cooler, safer, more comforting through nothing other than your presence and your time. If you have to buy someone’s time to be with you, then you are only wasting money because you aren’t gaining anything other than an empty presence. If your time can be bought, just to be with someone, then it is worthless. Why? Because you have an emptiness that is being masqueraded with gifts as distractions. Similarly, if you are showering someone with gifts and money just to be in your company, then the very same applies. 


Think about it like a radiator in your home; the water inside the radiator is your time - unless you really open yourself to those around you, they will never feel the true warmth of who you are. Give your all, and you radiate in every single way. 


I have a very simple formula to ensure the balance is right:


Spend twice as much time together, and half as much money. That’s because money spent will never be as valuable as time spent. Things don’t last, memories do. 


When it comes to anything you do in life; 

Decide

Commit

Succeed


Happy Damn Friday Peeps! x


I'd love to hear from you - you can reach me on:


@happydamnfriday on Twitter

happydamnfriday@outlook.com

happydamnfriday@yahoo.com




Comments