Stronger than the Demons

We all have our inner demons, everyone has a struggle with something, despite how we carry ourselves on the outside. 


For some it may be an addiction, food, alcohol, drugs, the list is potentially endless. But it’s the vice that we surrender ourselves to appease those inner demons. For others it’s the fear imposed on ourselves that we aren’t good enough. That we are failures, but only in our own minds. 


It could be that feeling of not attractive enough, slim enough, tall enough etc. Body dysmorphia kicks in and crushes us. 


We may not feel successful enough, like we haven’t achieved our goal. That we aren’t important enough for the big bad world to take notice. 


Does any of this sound familiar? I can certainly tick most of these boxes, but you know what - I don’t care. I am not allowing any of this to quash me any more. I am who I am, I look how I do and I don’t ever pretend to be anything other than who I really am. To try and be anything else is just exhausting. I want to be me, because I want to live this life and hopefully leave all those I know with a positive memory and know that I am privileged to call you my friends. 


Sometimes we just need to be strong enough to realise how amazing others see us. How when you have days when you feel like crap and think you look like crap you actually shine because you are beautiful, both inside and out. I often joke that “I’m cute, loveable, and a wee bit sexy”. This is the lighthearted way I see myself now. I may be not be cute or sexy, but I don’t care. I am strong enough to be me. Be you, for you! Being you matters immeasurably, and only when we finally accept ourselves for who we really are - who’s we truly are, then do we find the happiness and strength that can only come from within. 


Be strong enough to be someone even the demons would fear...



Happy Damn Friday Peeps! x


I'd love to hear from you - you can reach me on:


@happydamnfriday on Twitter

happydamnfriday@outlook.com

happydamnfriday@yahoo.com





Comments