Above my pay grade...?

How many times have you heard someone say “That’s above my pay grade”. Often as a guise for not wanting to have to make any effort in offering up a resolve.


I’ve heard it many time’s, yet I can honestly say I have never once uttered it. It frustrates me so much when I hear anyone come out with it. It goes against everything I stand for; as a manager and as a human being. To me you may as well just say “You know what, I can’t be bothered”. 


You might not think it, but you will be screaming it at the top of your voice, because anyone who gives a damn will only hear the defeatist negativity in your connotation.


The way I approach any situation, regarding of the level of seniority is to think through the best possible outcome, based on my knowledge and experience, and then I will either deal with it directly or take it to whom ever I need to. Be that my immediate manager or to who I believe best placed to take the matter in hand. Bearing in mind the best possible outcome may be a case of damage limitation. 


I am not afraid to speak with the executive of my firm, or any other because I will always be open, honest and most importantly respectful. Be the true you, and with the courage of your convictions you will never have to utter those words “it’s above my pay grade”. 


If you ever find yourself in the position where you even get close to thinking it, then you need to take a moment to reevaluate. Remember you have the power to highlight it, to be part of the solution by being the first to possess the knowledge and offer a potential resolve. 


Take it even further, the same applies to life too. Never think something or especially someone is above you. At the same time show some humility, and don’t ever let your behaviour be so that anyone thinks you are better than them.


We all can make a difference, and between you and me; we all bleed the same...


Happy Damn Friday Peeps! x


I'd love to hear from you - you can reach me on:


@happydamnfriday on Twitter

happydamnfriday@outlook.com

happydamnfriday@yahoo.com





Comments