Judge not...

When will you learn to look past what you see?


If you think about it we are conditioned to judge on first impression. We can’t help it, we’ve all done it, we’ve - some of us still do it. Some of us do it subconsciously. 


So what’s the big deal? I guess it’s one of those things that secretly (and sometimes not so secretly) bugs the hell out of me. I have been the one who’s judged, on many occasions. Why? I am tall with a shaved head and I’ve got more than a few tattoos. For some this apparently is enough to instantly brand me as something. Incidentally it tends to be an unsavoury, someone unapproachable. How wrong could the be. Anyone who knows me, I am confident will back me up, I am one of the most laid back yet caring people you will ever encounter. I speak softly, for no other reason than I believe if you have to raise your voice to be heard, the other person wasn’t listening to you in the first place. 


Yet here I am, still the same, still occasionally judged. 


It’s kind of like looking at a tree. During the spring and summer it can be splendid with all its leaves and in full grandeur, but in the fall and winter it’s completely different - yet it’s exactly the same tree. For me I can put on a shirt and hey presto no tattoos. Funnily enough perceptions change. Why? Good question really. It’s one that I’ll keep pondering, but in truth I hope I never find the answer. For that, I am sure, it will probably be something pretty dull. 


In a world of ordinary, be extraordinary...


Happy Damn Friday Peeps! x


I'd love to hear from you - you can reach me on:


@happydamnfriday on Twitter

happydamnfriday@outlook.com

happydamnfriday@yahoo.com





Comments