Fear The Reaper...?

Ok, so last week I won a competition from my favourite hot sauce people in the world; and here comes an unashamed plug for: Rock a Doodle Do - Belfast Hot Sauce. I received a superb selection of their hottest sauces and to top it off a black envelope sealed with wax and a skull seal containing California Realer chilli powder. For anyone who doesn’t know what this is, believe me it is hot. Something to be respected rather than feared. 


I have tried pretty much all of their range and have also got to speak with the founder Dave on messenger a few times. What gets me about these guys is that they took something they loved and they went for it. They took a passion for spicy food and sauces and decided to take it up a notch on the spice weasel (spot the Futurama quote) and share it with the world. They are out there to get what they do respected rather than feared, just like the infamous reaper chilli. They’ve even teamed up with another Northern Irish favourite Snow Patrol to release a

series of sauces for their charity. 


This is something that I believe we can all take a lesson from. Take what you are passionate about and do something about it. It doesn’t matter if you are making the worlds best hot sauce (in my humble opinion). If you are crafting, or painting or anything. Whether it be singing, playing, writing, baking, war time and historical research, the possibilities are endless and so are the opportunities to share it. I was speaking to someone this week who wants to write but has been putting their own blockers in place instead of putting words on a page - you just need to do it. If you have something you really feel passionate about, then share it. Share your passion with others. Let them see your passion manifest itself in what you put out there. 


Don’t feel put off if you think it’s not going to interest anyone else - you may just be very pleasantly surprised. Hell, when I started this blog back in 2013 I never thought that as I type now it would have been read 89,822 times. But I care about it, I am passionate about it and I want to share it. 


You should too. Share what matters to you, let others see your passions and let it become contagious through curiosity and who knows you may just spark that interest in others. You have it in you to educate, to encourage, to inspire. Go for it. 


Don’t fear the reaper...


Happy Damn Friday Peeps! x


I'd love to hear from you - you can reach me on:


@happydamnfriday on Twitter

happydamnfriday@outlook.com

happydamnfriday@yahoo.com




Comments