Easy as Pie...

As we continue to work through the ongoing process of trying to understand how to deal with the most unprecedented time that any of us will ever have experienced, I wonder how many of us are doing everything we can to embrace the uncertainty?


Each day I wake up and rather than think of another day with limitations, I am looking for opportunities to use what I have to be more and give more. I have conditioned myself to do that because of where I found myself 8yrs ago. Sitting on the edge of a single bed of the room I rented while I was trying to figure out how to get my life back on track. 


The details of how I got there I will spare you with, but it’s safe to say I was probably at my lowest ebb. I sat on the edge of the bed and whilst I felt like absolute crap because I couldn’t see a way forward, everything was crumbling around me. But I made a conscious decision to not feel liked that again I told myself that I wasn’t going to feel like that again and that is when my outlook changed. 


Don’t get me wrong, I’ve always been sort of happy go lucky, but I guess everyone has the capacity to hit rock bottom - just like everyone has the potential to come back again. 


Around that time Happy Damn Friday was also born. 


I found that by thinking positively and projecting that positivity I could feel positive. That was the thing. That was everything. 


So now, whilst this is not to be made light of, I am thankful that those I love are safe. Those who I hold dear are safe. I am keeping safe, so for those I mean something to, I am keeping myself in the picture for the long run. 


So each day, like I said I look for stuff to do, stuff that makes a difference. Even simple things like baking and cooking. It’s no secret I love to cook. Seriously, I LOVE to cook. The recent furlough has gave me more time to experiment in the kitchen and I have rustled up some fantastic meals (if I do say so myself). But one this week that kind of stood out was a pie. Nothing special about that, I made the pastry and everything in the filling, but it made me think that dealing with anything in life can be easy as pie. 


It’s simple really, we can make the pastry and roll it out. Flatten it out, like we can flatten out any problems. Flatten them out and suddenly they are easier to handle because we can see all around them and over them at the same time. Then we fill it with what we want; same as filling our lives with what we want. If want dwell on feeling sorry for ourselves, or we can put good things into our lives - even if it is simply good intention. 


So I guess when you are faced with tough times, and how to handle what life is throwing you; use your thoughts and intentions like ingredients to make the best life you can. 


It’s easy as pie...


Happy Damn Friday Peeps! x



I'd love to hear from you - you can reach me on:

@happydamnfriday on Twitter

happydamnfriday@outlook.com




Comments