Listen Up, Listen Good...

I am sure that most of us have music playing in some way every day. It can be in the background via your favourite radio station, or through specific choice where you actively select the band, the album and the song. This is what I do, this is what I deliberate over as I purposely find music to match my mood and where I want it to take me. 


This in itself is fantastic as it fills every cell of your body with rhythm and the best. Ever find yourself even just nodding your head as the music takes hold of you? I bet you have. But the big question I have for you is when’s the last time you really took the time to listen to the music. Not just the notes and the melody, but the story that is being given to you line by line and verse by verse?


One of the best ways to really take it in is to play it through headphones. And always with your eyes closed. For me I find this lets me truly lose myself into another world. Totally immersive and just simply cleansing for the mind and soul. It’s all about letting yourself be there in that moment. 


Try it, find a song, find a song that you love. One that you can listen to on repeat and a song that just makes sense of everything. Find a song that you may only just heard, but it clicked with you from the very first time. 


This is what the true power of music should be. It should ignite our sense of passion, our happiness, our energy - everything. The right song can make you feel absolutely everything. But most of all it will make you feel alive as the notes match your heartbeat. They become your heartbeat. 


It’s simple really, when I really think about it, music heals me.


This is why, for me, it is so important to really listen. To listen up, and listen good...


I've found a way to make you

I've found a way

A way to make you smile



Happy Damn Friday Peeps! x


I'd love to hear from you - you can reach me on:


@happydamnfriday on Twitter

happydamnfriday@outlook.com

happydamnfriday@yahoo.com




Comments