Garde Bien... Baby

Life is about change, it’s about adapting to what comes our way and dealing with it, even on the days when you feel like you can’t cope - guess what you already are. 


Life is about change and sometimes it’s good, sometimes it’s painful. Sometimes it’s both but you don’t know which at the time, it sort of finds a way of sorting itself out. 


I know I have said this before, but I guess with mental health being more prevalent in lockdown than ever before, the one thing for sure is life will never throw more at you than you can cope with. It may seem strange to even consider that, especially when it can be brutally cruel at times. But the thing is even if it makes you breakdown and cry, even uncontrollably, you’ve got more strength than you can ever give yourself credit for. 


There will be times for all of us when we truly feel overwhelmed by the world around us. Either from the actions of others, or what we ourselves are going through. But the most important thing we can ever take out of it is a bad day can be just that. It’s only ever going to be 24hrs. I know at the time each hour may feel like a life time, but they will pass. Everything will pass, given time. 


Keep yourself grounded, and by that I mean know you are important. Know you are intelligent, funny and beautiful. Know that you make a difference and the world is better off for you being part of it.


A few years ago I had a reiki atunement, because I wanted to be able to meditate more. I’m not trying be all hippy or anything like that, but it never underestimate the power of meditation on your mental wellbeing. 


It is invaluable. 


You don’t have to sit cross legged with candles burning around you, it’s just the ability to take a moment to step back from the world, to enable you to see and think clearer. That in itself will be almost like a first aid kit for your mind. Even as I write this I have a reminder, I have my family crest tattooed on leg. The words ‘Garde Bien’ simply translates as ‘Keep Well’, and it is there as a stark reminder to do just that. 


So what are you waiting for? Close your eyes and simply think of nothing. Count to 10 with each breath in and out. Do it. Enjoy it. Feel better for it. 


Just for today:

Do not worry

Do not anger

Earn your living honestly

Be grateful for your blessings

Be kind to every living thing...


But most of all - Garde Bien... Baby!


Happy Damn Friday Peeps! x


I'd love to hear from you - you can reach me on:


@happydamnfriday on Twitter

happydamnfriday@outlook.com

happydamnfriday@yahoo.com




Comments