24 or 48hrs...

Everyone has ‘stuff’ to deal with, every day stresses of hills or mountains to climb. There can be times when we say or do nothing, but it plays on our minds long after the moment has passed. For me; I think, then re-think and sometimes I even find the time to overthink. But I use it as a process of working it out. Breaking it down to wether or not it’s worth being bothered about. Important stuff is, but everyone’s concept of important is different. That’s why we should all try to be easy on each other, because there will be some who will be doing their best, even if it falls slightly short of the mark. 


I always remember my dad saying to me as a kid, “as long as you do your best”. It’s something I have now said to my kids, because for me all those years ago it gave me an intrinsic sense of self truth. What do I mean? Well, I know that whenever I do anything, I know inside whether I have gave it my all. Wether or not I have “done my best”. There may be times when I get frustrated because I feel I could have done better, but it’s not because I didn’t try as hard as I could, given circumstance or any contributing factors. But when it comes to anything I do for someone else, I do always try my best, because I’m a world that needs kindness, just maybe my best is good enough - and  that is pretty damn cool. 


I do believe that by supporting each other we can get through anything. We must continue to support each other and build our support network to enable our better mental health and physical wellbeing. 


We are nothing if we can’t reach out; either for help or to help. Stay strong and know we’ve got this, we’ve got your back. 


A really cool way to deal with anything you face is to work on a 24/48 basis. If something or someone you have to deal with bothers you after 24hrs, then you need to speak up within 48hrs. Otherwise it is going to eat you up inside and you carry it around. It can manifest in stress or other forms of physical or mental ill health. But hold yourself in high enough regard to speak up and the world will listen. Someone will listen. You will be heard. When you’re heard, then things start to get better again. Maybe we have a 48hr clock. 


We all need to start living 24/48...



Happy Damn Friday Peeps! x


I'd love to hear from you - you can reach me on:


@happydamnfriday on Twitter

happydamnfriday@outlook.com

happydamnfriday@yahoo.com




Comments