So this is Christmas...

So this is Christmas, well sort of anyway. 


As the world continues to fight COVID-19 we are all having a Christmas like no other, mostly for the reasons of restrictions or isolations. For some, this year Christmas will have come with an empty seat at the table. A loved one taken by this relentless disease. A light gone out too soon. If you are having to deal with this first hand, I am truly sorry for your loss and you have my sincerest condolences. 


For me, this Christmas is being spent in self isolation. It means not getting to hug my kids, but it is about being safe, and keeping them and everyone else safe. As much as it sucks, it is necessary and if we all take a reasoned approach we can get through this. 


Christmas time is a time where we are thankful for our families. Some of us have moved away, and Christmas time is always a little harder because we don’t get to see our family as often as we’d like. But throw in a global pandemic and it’s a little trickier. But I am thankful for the technology at my fingertips which affords me the opportunity to have video calls with family near and far. For example on Sunday we had a family quiz and it included my parents who are both well into their 80’s. How amazing is it for them to be able to see all their family at once, and from the comfort of their living room. 


I guess what I’m trying to say is no matter where you are, what you are doing, or what you wish for - we are all closer than you first think. Use the resources at your disposal and make the world a little smaller. Make it a little happier and make it yours. 


We may be in the most unusual year of our lives, and there’s lockdowns coming out of our arse - but sure it doesn’t stop us having the best of what we can at Christmas. 


My wish for every single person who reads this blog, not just today but at any time, is to have the most wonderful Christmas time.  Stay safe and enjoy. 


Happy Christmas

Nollaig Shona Duit

Joyeux Noel

Frohe Weihnachten

Feliz Navidad

Buon Natale

聖誕快樂

ハッピークリスマス


Happy Damn Christmas Peeps! x


I'd love to hear from you - you can reach me on:


@happydamnfriday on Twitter

happydamnfriday@outlook.com

happydamnfriday@yahoo.com




Comments