Goodbye Old Year, Hello New...

We have finally said goodbye to 2020!


That in itself is a pretty huge thing for such a short sentence. 2020 is undoubtably the most ‘unusual’ year any of us will ever have lived through - and hopefully ever will again. It’s the year that brought a global pandemic and all the affects and fallout of it around the world. 


Sadly many families will not have welcomed the new year with all their loved ones still here. Many have been stolen away too soon by the virus as it continues to decimate wherever it spreads. Thankfully we have vaccines which are now in the process of being rolled out and after many challenging months of living in a forever changed and changing world. 


But we are resilient. We are bigger than anything 2020 has tested us with, as we have been for every year that came as before. 


We are forever evolving as a world and all that’s in it. We are bigger and stronger than we ever thought we could be as we welcomed 2020. 


Never underestimate just how much you can deal with, and ultimately will overcome. Never underestimate how amazing you are - and never take that lightly. Let it sink in for a moment, take a moment to appreciate who you are and how much you mean to this world. 


Last night I kept a tradition my father instilled in us as kids. I opened the front door of my home at midnight to welcome in the new year. With that I also let the old year out too. I’d been thinking about it over the last few days as it’s an important part of the welcoming in the new year for me. But I also think it’s important to utilise this throughout the year. It doesn’t even have to be your front door, it can be your mind. 


Open up and let go of what has been and welcome the new...


So with that I want to wish all of you, every single person who reads, shares or likes  #HappyDamnFriday the happiest and most blessed New Year for 2021. Break open the champagne of life! Thank you for being part of this journey, and I am truly thankful to be part of your journey too.


Happy Damn New Year Peeps! x


I'd love to hear from you - you can reach me on:


@happydamnfriday on Twitter

happydamnfriday@outlook.com

happydamnfriday@yahoo.com




Comments