Pizza Time and Beyond...

Pizza is one of my favourite foods, it’s just one of those foods that keeps on giving. Has to be a nice traditional thin base and then any combination of toppings, dependent on what mood I’m in at the time. 


Each bite brings flavour bursting through. 


I love to make my own pizza whenever I can, I find it both therapeutic and rewarding in equal measures. From the process of kneading the dough through to place the toppings across the cheese layer which has been broadcast over the rich ragu sauce. I’ll admit to being a bit obsessive when it comes to placing the toppings. It’s got to be evenly spread so every bite is as rewarding as the last/next. 


Cooking is one of my passions because I love the process of creating. Not just that, but depending on what is going on in life, I remember just how much cooking can focus the mind and equally distract it at the same time. 


Trust me, even if it isn’t a passion, when you are cooking you will have mental respite momentarily from what life is throwing at you. The value of that is probably never more so important than now, with all that is going on in the world. You don’t need a chefs hat, you don’t even need an apron. You just need to give yourself the time. The key is giving yourself time!


It doesn’t matter what you make and if you’re making it just for yourself or to share with family or friends (when we’re out of lockdown), the important thing is you are allocating yourself time out of your day to do something other than what you normally find all consuming, stressful or even just draining because you don’t ever feel like you get any quality time for yourself. 


When you can learn to take the time to cook, you learn to take the time to self heal. To recharge. You learn to take the time to find yourself again because you have taken the time to make yourself the distraction you so desperately need. 


So now that you’ve got the recipe of making ‘you’ again, all you have to do is take the time and do it. 


Don’t make time, take time! Stop the clocks and take back the control. Take time to be you again. 



When the moon hits your eye like a big pizza pie, that’s amore...


Pizza for breakfast is a thing - right?


Happy Damn New Year Peeps! x


I'd love to hear from you - you can reach me on:


@happydamnfriday on Twitter

happydamnfriday@outlook.com

happydamnfriday@yahoo.com




Comments