Seeds and Stuff...

This week I have had the stark reminder of ‘being away from home’. That in itself isn’t an issue. I’ve moved away from my home town in 2004 and been living in my current town since 2015. I fled the nest - so to say. But with lockdown I have been unable to get back home. For no other reason than to see my mother. The woman who brought me into this world and who has rapidly onset dementia and every day is filled with confusion, sadness and sometimes fear. I wish I could go and just give her a hug, but for the time being I can’t. But, with each passing day it’s one day closer. 


It got me thinking about how how people move away. Whether it be for a career move, a personal move or like me a new start somewhere new. It’s kind of like a seed pod that gets carried in the wind. The similarity being whenever we land, wherever we go, we start new growth. We never forget what or where we come from, because that is part of the foundation of what makes us who we are and also where we have our first experiences of becoming independent. 


We get carried by the winds of ambition, of dreams of what’s out there and what we can bring to the world. We get carried by hope. 


Hope can take you anywhere. It’s the very life giving breath that keeps us going, even on our darkest of days. It’s what fills our souls. 


So if you take it back to the most basic of thoughts, and think about what brought you to where you are now. It’s because we have been carried on the wind. It’s only when you resist the ability to let yourself go that you become hopeless. Trapped. Stagnant. 


The very essence of letting your mind be free is the core of being open to change and to growth. It’s the beginning of becoming able to understand and process what is happening around us. For this very reason I have never been closed off to change. I embrace it when it comes my way because I’m doing so it is the only way we can ever guarantee to make the most of whatever change is coming. Some may be forced, some may be sought - but all must be embraced. 


But it is critical that we listen. Not just to those around us, not just to the soundtrack of the world - with the mania that everyday can bring. But listen to what we feel. Take the time to listen and while you focus on the listening to try to imagine you are floating free. 


Do not listen with the purpose of replying

Listen with the purpose of understanding. 


Remember that your dreams, ambitions and hope carry you - always. 


We are all just seed pods in the wind...


Happy Damn Friday Peeps! x


I'd love to hear from you - you can reach me on:


@happydamnfriday on Twitter

happydamnfriday@outlook.com

happydamnfriday@yahoo.com




Comments