New Socks Day...

This morning I’m up a little earlier than normal - why? No particular reason other than I woke and felt good so wanted to embrace the day. 


I’ve never been one for laying in bed til the very last minute and then push myself out of bed, only to feel like the day ahead and everything coming my way is a chore. I have always been an ‘up and at it’ kind of person. Even when I was a teenager, and when we are stereotypically supposed to resemble a hibernating bear - my 15yr old son Rocco has now perfected this  surfacing only to feed before retreating back to his ‘den’. 


I get up and I get on with it. Not because I have to, but because I want to. When you want to do something you put all of yourself into it. Rather than feeling obliged or forced to do it, you have more energy and determination when it comes from a want. 


Better than that, this morning I had the simple pleasure of putting on a pair of new socks. I know that makes me sound incredibly old - but trust me; how good does it feel when you put on new socks for the first time? The freshness of the material, the cushion feeling as you take the first steps into the day. It’s all pretty damn good huh? See, now you’re remembering it, and come on you have to agree it’s a great feeling. 


If you don’t have any at home, at some point over today or the weekend make a point of buying some new socks so you’re ready for that simple happiness. What if you remember that feeling as you get up each day, imagine the great feeling of something so simple. It doesn’t have to be anything in particular, just remember how good it makes you feel and channel that into your day ahead. 


So what makes today different? The answer is easy: You! Nobody is going to decide if you have a bad day other than you. Yes there may be obstacles put in your way, but you’re in charge of getting up, putting on your new socks and taking everything in your stride.


It’s a new socks kind of day...


Happy Damn Friday Peeps! x


I'd love to hear from you - you can reach me on:


@happydamnfriday on Twitter

happydamnfriday@outlook.com

happydamnfriday@yahoo.com



Comments