Refocus your Focus...

Looking past the ordinary. Occasionally we spot something that we may have walked last time and time again. It could be on our way to work, dependent on where ‘work’ is. It could be in our own homes or in the most random of settings. 


For me; this week it was at my dentist. On the way back to reception to make a follow up appointment, I spotted something I’ve walked past many times - yet never once spotted. The photo on this weeks blog is that very thing. A beautiful plaster moulding that stopped me in my tracks as soon as I ‘spotted’ it. It got me thinking - how many more things have I ‘missed’?


I like to think I have an eye for the unusual, I purposely look for the detail in everything I do. It’s what makes everyday stuff much more interesting. 


When you walk around, thinking about it now, how much do you think you miss? When you do anything during your day; how much do you think you miss?


The attention to detail when we refocus our focus is a pretty amazing thing. We naturally see more than we ever did before, and more than most will give us credit for. Whether it be in our work, in our every day, in anything we do. It’s about knowing that all the infinite details are there, and knowing that we are going to see only what we allow ourselves to see - unless we refocus our focus.



So my ask of you today is this; how much do you want to see? If you open your eyes, your mind and your heart, how much are you prepared to see?


Close your eyes, count to three and then open them and take in the detail of everything. Take in life. 


I spy with my little eye...



Happy Damn Friday Peeps! x


I'd love to hear from you - you can reach me on:


@happydamnfriday on Twitter

happydamnfriday@outlook.com

happydamnfriday@yahoo.com




Comments