Out and about - Finally...

As we are now (finally) embracing the change in weather that signals the end of spring and the blue skies which are the daydreams of summer to come. 


Go outside. Be outside. Be surrounded by nothing but nature. The birdsong, the smell of grass, the sound of fallen rigs cracking underfoot as you stroll through a forest or even the local woods. 


Enjoy what nature has to offer. Realise that even when you spend hours out in the throes of nature, that you will only see a fraction of the beauty around you. 


This week I got to explore a different town for the first time in pretty much a full year. I found myself in Chesterfield in Derbyshire. Ok, so my travel was work based, but I took my opportunity to go exploring. I appreciate we are still in the constraints of COVID, but with social distancing it enabled me to go and explore in the evening. The most striking thing was the crooked spire. A landmark locals are proud of, and a landmark that catches the eye of all who come toward the town. 


I suppose what I’m trying to say this week is by getting outside, and being outside our regular environment, we are exposing ourselves to new horizons. And why shouldn’t we? We should take every opportunity to explore wherever and whenever we possibly can. 


Get out there and find something new

Get out there and find somewhere new 


Leave nothing but footprints

Take nothing but pictures

Kill nothing but time...



Happy Damn Friday Peeps! x


I'd love to hear from you - you can reach me on:


@happydamnfriday on Twitter

happydamnfriday@outlook.com




Comments