Born to be Wild…?

So this week I have achieved something I’ve wanted to do for a long time. For a very long time. I passed my motorcycle test, and now I am legally allowed to ride any size of motorcycle I want. 


When I say it’s been a long time, I’m not joking. I passed my test yesterday, which is just 30yrs and 2mths after passing my car driving test. 


I’ve already said it’s something I’ve wanted to do for a long time, but it’s one of those things that kind of got put on the back burner and then life got in the way. However, having done it and passed I feel every bit as good as I did when I passed my car test all those years ago. So it does make me kick myself a little for not doing it sooner. But, you know what, it doesn’t matter now because I’ve done it. 


So many things in our lives can happen like this. We can have the intention, but for one reason or another it simply doesn’t happen. It may even be an unconscious decision, that may not be apparent for many years to come. 


It’s times like this that we should remind ourselves that there doesn’t have to be a set time, because if something comes up it can delay stuff. Ultimately it can delay indefinitely, and then we live with disappointment that is unfounded and only based on how we beat ourselves up over stuff. 


Listen to me when I say that even if it takes 32yrs and 2mths, it still feels damn good. Whatever we achieve in life is just that - an achievement. Some may do it before you, some after, but when it happens, it happens because there and then is when it is supposed to happen for you. And when it does rest assured that it will feel good. 


So achieve what you can, when you can, and do it for you. Then sit back and smile. 


The right time will always be when you make it yours…


Happy Damn Friday Peeps! x


I'd love to hear from you - you can reach me on:


@happydamnfriday on Twitter

happydamnfriday@outlook.com




Comments