Don’t Doubt It…

Once I was afraid to be… well to be what I wanted, to be happy, to prove to myself I could and I should be all I could. 


Ok, so when I say afraid, it was more of a self doubt. Occasionally now it still kicks in when I question myself or my worth, but I’m getting better and telling myself to ‘shut up’. Even to this very day I feel guilty if I spend money on myself. Why? Possibly because growing up my parents had little money, and certainly none to spare. So getting stuff was a treat. It served us well, because I do appreciate everything I have, I take none of it for granted, and I have worked hard to get what I do have. So now I look to the value of what I buy because I want to add value to what I have. 


The same has happened when I have previously questioned myself for being of enough value for a situation, whether it be personal or professional. But I now know my worth. It’s taken a while, but I am comfortable in knowing that I do. I have restrictions, because I am smart enough to know I don’t know enough. I’m not saying I am stupid, or unintelligent - more that I know when I don’t know. I counter this by asking, listening, reading and reasoning because I want to know. I want to increase my worth. 


Everyone should know their own worth. If you don’t, you will never know if someone is trying to sell you short - and that can be yourself. Never, ever short-change yourself. Don’t be afraid to feel it. Don’t be afraid to show it. Most importantly, don’t be afraid to believe it. 


It’s not about arrogance, or confidence either, but it’s about humility. When you carry yourself with humility, you will be bigger, stronger and more valuable than you ever though possible. 


Don’t doubt yourself, never ever doubt it, and always know your worth - because you are worth it. 


You have a purpose and a special place in this world, and that’s just one of the things that makes it a better place to be for everyone else.


No doubt…


Happy Damn Friday! x


I'd love to hear from you - you can reach me on:

@happydamnfriday on Twitter

happydamnfriday@outlook.com




Comments