Q.C and Me…

How often have you found yourself checking or re-checking something you’ve done? You know the type of thing when you ‘just want to make sure’. Whether it be a door that you want to double check was locked, to checking on a dish you may be cooking, just to ensure it’s as perfect as it can possibly be. 


The thing is this ‘checking’ doesn’t have to be considered as a form of Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD), but instead it’s our way of quality controlling what we do. It’s our way of making sure what we do is done properly and to the best of our ability. Something I have always believed in, because I am an advocate of ‘if it’s worth doing, it’s worth doing right’. 


I do my very best to employ this mindset in everything I do, no matter what the task or challenge. I believe it has helped me grow, because I now subconsciously look to ‘do it right’ all the time. 


This is something I have definitely taken into my professional life too. I think we owe it to ourselves and more so to our employers because there’s a responsibility to give a fair return for the remuneration given. Not just a fair return, but one of such quality that it should never be brought into question. 


I have always believed that when you do your best, not only do you feel the reward of knowing you have, but you will become known for just that. I am sure we can all relate to someone we have met in our lives, whether it be personally or professionally who just doesn’t try. The type of person who won’t make the effort and when it inevitably doesn’t work or turn out right, they are the ones looking to pass the blame onto others. So my ask of you is to think of that person and then think of your own approach to life. Look for what sets you aside, whether it be good or bad (from your own perception) and then think of how you already set yourself out as being the type of person that is recognised for doing ‘it’ right. 


We all can choose to quality control what we do, or we can choose not to care. For me, the choice is always easy. Life should be about feeling the reward of knowing we’ve done our best.


Be the quality in your lifetime…



Happy Damn Friday! x


I'd love to hear from you - you can reach me on:

@happydamnfriday on Twitter

happydamnfriday@outlook.com




Comments