Birdhouse in Your Soul…

This week I have sat and watched the birds in my garden. I have several feeding stations for them to attract them in, because I love to have that little bit of wildlife close. I know that it’s not critical feeding wild birds at this time of year, but I guess it’s knowing that they know there will always be fresh food and water for them to seek refuge. A safe place, away from any inherent danger, and to see them return every day is heart warming. Even my older brother and his wife have now got a ‘pet’ pigeon who comes to their house every day for the same reason - long live ‘Cedric the pigeon’. 


So why do it? I suppose it’s because it’s about giving a form of shelter from what’s out there. Making it easier to survive and to have one less thing to struggle for day in day out. 


This is what has lead me to write this weeks blog. It has reminded me that it’s important to give ourselves refuge from the world every now and then. Somewhere safe we can retreat to to take time out when we need it. Think about it like a little birdhouse in your soul. Somewhere where you can feel completely safe, completely comfortable and completely you - irrespective of what is happening in the world around you. 


Create somewhere where you can go to and feel happy, whether it be filled with memories or filled with dreams of what’s to come. The important thing is that you make this space for yourself and only you. When you know it’s there, you can go anytime you need. This in itself will help your mental and emotional well-being more than you will ever know, until you start to visit. 


Think about over the last few days, even just this week. How many times have you felt tense because you have something that you know you can deal with, but just need the space to get your thoughts and your emotions together and then you will be fully equipped to deal with what ever comes your way. 


The same is to be said for creating that space to rest, whether it be physically or emotionally. You need to build that birdhouse. 


Not to put to fine a point on it

Make a little birdhouse in your soul…


Happy Damn Friday! x


I'd love to hear from you - you can reach me on:

@happydamnfriday on Twitter

happydamnfriday@outlook.com




Comments

  1. Yeah, Cedric achieving his much deserved noteriety.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment