Best Foot Forward…

So this week I have undergone a total knee replacement of my right knee. Something that is uncommon for someone of my age (48), but something I’ve been wanting to get done for a couple of years due to chronic pain. 


I’m not going to lie, prior to the operation I was apprehensive, as it’s a fairly significant procedure, and a long recovery period to follow. Possibly the hardest part will be no driving or riding my beloved motorcycle for six weeks. Also there is a considerable amount of pain and discomfort. Thankfully I have a pretty decent prescription for pain medication to help. That and meditation. Never underestimate the power of being able to meditate to help with physical pain. 


So for the next five and a half weeks, I’m going to have lots of time to think, contemplate, and ponder everything and anything over this time. This in itself can be a very daunting prospect, because sometimes you just don’t know what to think, or what to do. But that’s ok, because whatever it is going to be will happen. Life is very much like this, it’s the acceptance that there are many things that are beyond our control, and once we can understand and have peace with this, then we are better equipped d to deal with whatever comes our way. Say, for an example, a joint replacement in your 40’s. 


I am happy to take on life. I’m determined to make me happen to life, rather rather than letting it pass me by. Doesn’t matter what comes up, there’s nothing that you cannot deal with, no matter how tough it feels like at the time. This is also true of an old friend who was facing the amputation of his foot through complications of covid and diabetes. He has kept stepping forward, and this week he has turned the significant corner in that the healing process has suddenly started to ramp up and he continues to make significant improvements and is getting ever closer to coming out the other side. 


Never worry about putting your ‘Best Foot Forward’, put any foot forward and you’ll be doing better than you ever thought you would. 


Happy Damn Friday! x


I'd love to hear from you - you can reach me on:

@happydamnfriday on Twitter

happydamnfriday@outlook.com




Comments