Cool, crisp and enticing….

How many of us have had to defrost our vehicles this week before being able to head off on our journey to work, or to anywhere. I absolutely love crisp, frozen mornings. From that initial look out of the bathroom window before I jump into the shower, and see the blanket of frost across the roofs and trees. Then to the getting out and defrosting the car, before heading off on my way. Ok, so this week I have been up early as usual, but I am still convalescing so driving for another 5 weeks. But you get the picture. 


Like most, I start the car before scraping the ice of the windows and then it’s like a mini reward when you get inside the car and it’s starting to warm up and takes away the chill. 


I’m lucky in that my daily commute takes in some lovely countryside, so the crisp mornings are even more beautiful as the sun is rising across the fields and the glimmer of warmth casts an orangey shadow over the land.


Unfortunately there are too many people that rush this stage of the morning. Sadly for some this comes at the expense of their safety and the safety of other road users. Even after 30yrs of holding a driving license it baffles me how some people drive. Taking risks and not being aware of the environmental hazards around them. I’m not saying everyone has to drive like they’re driving Miss Daisy, but at the same extent we don’t need to take to the wheel like we are possessed. 


This got me thinking of the age old saying ‘More haste, less speed’. Something that I’ve heard many times before, but never really took much heed of. This week I have been thinking about it a lot, especially in relation to life. Just like the beauty of the frozen early morning, we can miss so much just by rushing through modern life. 


I suppose the ask of you this week is to stop for a moment. Just pause, look around and take it all in. Watch how the smallest of ice crystals on a blade of grass softy melt away and varnish the fibres in a refreshed glacé shimmer. 


Just remember, with each season, as with each stage of our lives, the most beautiful changes happen and we get to experience them first hand. So instead of lamenting cold mornings or wet days, drink in its beauty. Let it entrance you as you look at the glistening in the early morning sun.


Happy Damn Friday! x


I'd love to hear from you - you can reach me on:

@happydamnfriday on Twitter

happydamnfriday@outlook.com




Comments