I am Fearless, Therefore Powerful…

Many times we will encounter people who essentially ‘don’t know what they’re talking about’. I am sure you can relate to a moment (or several) when you’ve been in the presence of someone, and just found yourself drifting because they have words, but no context. I suppose I have been pretty lucky in that I have had some very inspirational leaders - and some not so much. But by the large, I have been blessed in that respect. 


You can just tell when someone is well informed, just by the way they carry themselves in any interaction. They radiate a presence. Sometimes it can be quiet and understated, because they don’t need to be loud and they don’t need to create a persona to make up for lack of knowledge, understanding or wisdom. These are my favourite kind of people. I am softly spoken. Possibly just my nature, possibly my Northern Irish heritage, but I believe you don’t need to be loud to be heard. You don’t need to be like a bull in a china shop.


If what you are saying is worth listening to, the volume doesn’t matter. 


The best thing is it isn’t difficult to be informed. It just takes a want to know. There is no such thing as knowing too much. If it is a subject matter that interests you, excites you, or inspires you; then you will definitely want to know more. When something captures our imagination then we find it so easy to throw our all into it. 


Think about that too when you look for leadership, or if you are a leader yourself. Be the kind of person you would want to look up to. True leaders give. They give their experience, they give their time, they give their all. Of any of the leaders Who make a difference, obtained the title before they started leading. 


When you can stand up and help develop another, you become fearless and you become inspirational. Don’t be afraid to be different. 


In the immortal words of Mary Shelley;

Beware; for I am fearless, and therefore powerful…


Happy Damn Friday! x


I'd love to hear from you - you can reach me on:

@happydamnfriday on Twitter

happydamnfriday@outlook.com




Comments