As Real As It Gets…

So we have almost completed the first week back, the first week into 2022. A time when we reconnect to colleagues who we haven’t seen over the holiday period, and it’s pretty much ‘business as usual’. 


Then a couple of days later it seems like the holidays were as far away as ever.


For me I enjoy the return at the beginning of the year. There’s a sense of being refreshed and re-energised. It’s about taking it head on every day and being as real as you can be. Sometimes we see people who are all for show, and yet to many completely see through. I have been brought up to work hard and to give my all in all that I do. Because of this I actually enjoy working hard. There’s a buzz from it that brings a sense of satisfaction for what you do as you see the accomplishments from your efforts unfold. 


No matter how much you think your hard work may be going unnoticed, believe me it is. It may take a while for change to come, but everything you do is noticed and appreciated. Because of this, don’t ever feel like “it’s not worth it”. It is, it always is. In my current company there are several examples of this. From apprentices who have gone on to become directors, and many others too. I’ve seen it with friends too, who have gone from strength to strength because of recognition for what they do. The cool bit is, you are one of those people - you just don’t see it. 


The only bit of advice I can give this week is to be real. Be real in your efforts and real in your endeavours. 


Real is rare, fake is everywhere…


Happy Damn Friday! x


I'd love to hear from you - you can reach me on:

@happydamnfriday on Twitter

happydamnfriday@outlook.com




Comments