Red Sky In The Morning…

Waking up this morning and seeing the redness of the sunrise is one of those little things in life I have come to love. I don’t believe the old folklore of “A red sky in the morning” bringing a warning of storms to come. Instead, On these winter mornings I look at it as a red halo glow across the horizon bringing warmth to an otherwise cold start to my day. 


The getting up early but has come from years of working in an industry that is early off the mark. 


The thing is I love waking up before the world. It’s the newness of every day is just mine, even if just for a short moment in time. But it’s mine, and I love it. 


This is one of those things that I choose. 


In life we can choose to do many things. No matter what we do or what we are doing day to day, the choices are ours. If we don’t like it, then it’s up to us to make the changes we need to reestablish what makes us happy. What we always need to remember is we are only one decision away from a completely different life. With this in mind, doesn’t it seem absolutely ridiculous to tolerate anything but happiness?


Like the experiences we expose ourselves to, in the quest for happiness, the same too applies to the people around us. Not everyone will be there for the long run.  Some that are currently there perhaps don’t deserve to be. But most of all, we hold the key to make the changes that need to be made. 


It doesn’t matter what, it doesn’t matter where, and it doesn’t matter who. Changes start with ourselves. Remember what I said about “only one decision”…


You can’t change the people around you, but you can change the people around you. 


Same goes for places…


Happy Damn Friday! x


I'd love to hear from you - you can reach me on:

@happydamnfriday on Twitter

happydamnfriday@outlook.com




Comments