Sure, There’s No Point In Dying…

Every now and then I like to go outside at night and just stare up at the night sky. I suppose I find it incredibly relaxing - but at the same time it makes me think of how small we are on our planet, when there are so many other planets, solar systems and galaxies out there. That is the bit that even to this day fascinates me. 


We look upon a star and it can be millions of light years away from where we have our feet at that very moment. 


Whilst it might make us feel kind of small in the grand scheme of things, the cool bit is that no matter where you are and what you are looking up at, nobody else on the planet is seeing exactly the same way as you. That makes you kind of a big deal - if you let it. 


And why wouldn’t you let it?


The thing is, no matter how big (or small) we feel in this world, unless we allow ourselves to live out our time to the very most we can be, then we are actually doing ourselves an injustice. 


Often we hear of people on their deathbed with regrets of all the things they haven’t done. For me, and I hope it’s a long time yet to come - I intend to be celebrating all the cool stuff and smiles I have experienced and shared along the way. Yes, there will be stuff that hasn’t been done, but that is merely a case of being a little behind plan when time runs out. For me it’s about having the most out of what we have. No matter what we have. We owe it to ourselves, and anyone we care about, or who cares about us, to make sure we turn every page we can and to turn them all with a sense of adventure and a sense of humility.


Sure, there’s no point in dying if you haven’t lived…


Happy Damn Friday! x


I'd love to hear from you - you can reach me on:

@happydamnfriday on Twitter

happydamnfriday@outlook.com




Comments