Having a Wobble…

Ever get one of those moments where you feel completely overwhelmed or trapped? It’s a bit like when anxiety kicks in and you feel a crushing feeling on your chest and it can be hard to breathe. 


Unfortunately there are many who will experience this, and at vastly different age groups too. There is no pattern for feeling overwhelmed, other than it comes and hits like a tsunami, leaving us reeling in its wake. 


Some times we can sense the wave building, and we can engage a coping mechanism that helps us to ride the crest of the wave. Other times, we may not be as fortunate. We find ourselves tumbling in the undercurrent and feeling like we are sinking. 


For me, I have had this frequently in recent weeks since the passing of my father. I call it having a wobble. There doesn’t necessarily have to be anything in particular, and often it can be something very obscure that the way I have come to deal with this is to acknowledge that very moment in time. I don’t fight it, and I don’t ignore it. I counter it with a happier memory, which (so far) works. 


These moments can feel like we are trapped in a black hole of lost happiness and lost souls. So what if black holes are just holes poked in the container so we can breathe? There is an initial helpless feeling that it could be endless, but we learn to circumnavigate it - in time. 


Grief is a personal journey. We all handle it differently and grief can come from any form of loss. We shouldn’t ever punish ourselves for grieving. We should respect it, and acknowledge the journey. 


So while you’re sleeping, I’ll try to make you proud. 

And I won’t forget to breathe…


Happy Damn Friday! x


I'd love to hear from you - you can reach me on:

@happydamnfriday on Twitter

happydamnfriday@outlook.com




Comments