Resolute (and Shiny)

So this week I had another birthday. For my birthday I opted for a day in London. I love London, for the very reason that no matter how many times I’ve been, I always find it fascinating. The architecture and the people. Being a small town boy, from Antrim in Northern Ireland to being in the ‘big smoke’. I used to work in London, but have moved on from that. Now it is for pleasure only. 


I now have 49yrs notched up on this big old planet. Some of those years have been better than others. This year has been tough for various reasons, but I am tougher. This I know, no matter how hard it can seem at times. 


As mentioned before, for me London is now for pleasure. It shines with a resilience and a toughness. There are the richest and the poorest of society. A melting pot of cultures, yet they all walk the same streets, under the same sky. Some with the weight of the world on their shoulders that day, others completely care free. And it changes by the hour, every single day. 


The steps of the underground station, polished with a million footsteps before you. Each brass tread, glistening in the flicker of fluorescent light. But they always seem to me to be kind of beacon of hope. They should be dulled by being down trodden, but yet they refuse to fade. They remain a constant in the lives of the estimated 5,000,000 passengers each day across the city. 


So this got me thinking. 


If the walks of life that happen up and down those steps every day can continue, and the steps remain resolute, then so can we…



Happy Damn Friday! x


I'd love to hear from you - you can reach me on:

@happydamnfriday on Twitter

happydamnfriday@outlook.com




Comments