Unknot and Untangle…

Last night I experienced something that I’ve only experienced a literal handful of times in my short 49yrs on the planet. I had a massage. 


Not exactly ground breaking news, I am sure. However, for me it is almost a mini achievement. Why? Well I guess it’s because it is taking time out just for you and forcibly making everything around you either stop, or carry on without you. Don’t get me wrong, i know there are a million things that go on without me, and will do for a very long time after I’ve written my last #HappyDamnFriday or drawn my last breath. For clarity neither are happing anytime soon. 


I suppose the point I’m making is it’s ok to force yourself to take time out and allow yourself to be transported to a whole new realm of relaxation. It was booked as a “De-stress Massage”. Something I’ve been aware I’ve needed to do for a while now, but just not got round to it, or felt guilty about talking myself off for a while. As much as I thoroughly enjoyed my massage last night, I was slightly curious when it started with the masseuse punching the soles of my feet. (yes you read that correctly). Anyways, I’m glad to say it came good in the end, and whilst I’m a little tender from it today, I do feel so much better for it. 


So, which that in mind - what are you going to make a point of doing, either today or over the course of this weekend to allow you to force yourself a time out? Even if it’s just jump in your car and head to the nearest forest or beach and lose yourself in the majesty of nature. Even more-so at this time of year when the seasons changing brings about a more vivid canvas for you to paint yourself into for a few short hours. 


It doesn’t matter about the weather. So what if it’s raining, there’s no such thing as bad weather, only bad clothing. And even at that it’s no secret that skin is waterproof. 


So do it, take yourself off. Do something that is implicitly you. Untangle the knots and breathe a sigh of relief. It works for the body and the mind.


It’s all about the ‘unknot and untangle’…


Happy Damn Friday! x


I'd love to hear from you - you can reach me on:

@happydamnfriday on Twitter

happydamnfriday@outlook.com




Comments