You Can Hear The…

When is the last time you listened?


I mean when is the last time you ‘really’ listened? For me, I’m a believer of we have one mouth and two ears - therefore we should listen twice as much as we speak. 


I’ve always said that I listen more that people give me credit for. I guess the reason for this is that while you are listening you are taking in information. Granted, it may not always be worth retaining, but you are aware of it. Not only are you taking in information, but you are learning. It’s no secret that the more we listen, the smarter we get. Nobody has ever become smarter, wiser, or more intelligent just by talking. Nobody. 


Worse still are those who think they listen, but in reality they are only thinking of what they are going to say next. 


Never be afraid to take the time to listen. Never be embarrassed to take a moment to process what you’ve taken in. Then, and only then can we respond in a way that is reasoned, and more importantly worth listening to by every else. 


I am softly spoken, always have been and have no intention of ever changing that. If what you are saying is worth listening to, people will listen. You don’t need to raise your voice to be heard. The same applies for those who talk over others. What they are saying is instantly forgettable, not just because their actions are disrespectful, but because they fall into the previous category of thinking about what they are going to say next. 


Believe me, you will encounter many people like this in your professional life in particular. But you will learn who to acknowledge, yet not pay attention to. Those who are worth listening to, will always be worth listening to. 


If you listen closely enough, you can hear - everything…


Happy Damn Friday! x


I'd love to hear from you - you can reach me on:

@happydamnfriday on Twitter

happydamnfriday@outlook.com



Comments