It’s A Battery Thing…

Last night I was looking through my social media apps, mainly Facebook and Twitter. But I have found that there appears to be more and more 

Coming through from TikTok and YouTube. 


Most of these are empty shells of people, or attractive young women who are trying to be famous for what seemingly is who can wear the most revealing clothing - or lack of clothing. I don’t want to sound old, or old fashioned, because I don’t believe I’m either. However, I am so thankful that my formative years and my most impressionable years were in a world where these people didn’t exist. 


Influencers are pretty much like batteries - they will have positive and negative effects. 


What do they actually influence? In most cases, only toxic self loathing to become someone else. 


If they inspire you to get back on track to achieve your dreams, then that is positive influence. Sadly these are few and far between. But they do exist, and they should be celebrated. 


However, making you feel less attractive, less confident or less unique being you - then this has no place on any platform, let alone inside your head. 


Life is easier when you think of stuff as a battery. Only connect to the positives…



Happy Damn Friday! x


I'd love to hear from you - you can reach me on:

@happydamnfriday on Twitter

happydamnfriday@outlook.com




Comments