It’s Resolute…

With the New Year just around the corner, I am sure that many will be thinking of resolutions that they won’t keep. 


The concept of ‘New Year - New Me’ is mildly ridiculous. You don’t need a specific date to make changes to how you love your life. You can do it any moment of any day you want to. The only thing required is wanting to do it. 


Ideally it’s about making a conscious effort to shift your thinking in a positive way or for a positive outcome from your actions. 


I tend not to set myself a ‘New Year’s Resolution’ purely because if there is something I want to, or need to change, I do it throughout the year. However, if you do and are looking for inspiration. Please let me give you guidance for one that will have an immeasurable impact on your life. This is one that I have employed for a several years now, and continue to do so. 


For a New Year Resolution go with ‘Don’t Argue’.


Keep it as simple as that. You will feel so many rewards if you can stick with it. Why? Personally, I have never found a situation made better by an argument. Therefore I don’t. Don’t get me wrong, it’s important to discuss something. But the moment the discussion becomes heated or disrespectful, then it’s time to walk away. Nobody listens in an argument. People only react. Therefore nothing is said with empathy, kindness, or understanding. 



Don’t argue. It is a futile waste of time and emotion. 


If you are right, accept it and move on. If you are wrong - have the courage to admit it. 


Learn from being either…


Happy Damn Friday! x


I'd love to hear from you - you can reach me on:

@happydamnfriday on Twitter

happydamnfriday@outlook.com




Comments