I Would Go Out Tonight…

Now that we are once more at the weekend, how many are going out tonight, tomorrow night or maybe even all weekend? How many more are going to get ready, only to look into their wardrobe full of clothes, possibly with some never worn, only to proclaim “I have nothing to wear”, whilst flicking through hanger after hanger of garments. 


There are others who have ‘favourite’ things to wear. I fall into this category. I am very fortunate to have a choice, but I default to my favourite pair of jeans, Iron Fist t-shirt and compulsory vans footwear. It’s pretty much my uniform. But nothing comes close to how comfortable I feel in it, and how good I feel wearing it. 


Then we have those who are less fortunate than us. There are many that don’t have a wardrobe full of clothes, or the benefit of ‘favourite’ clothes. They are the ones who are wearing what they have. All that they have. Choice and favourites does not feature in their day to day lives. But they are probably more grateful than most. Whilst they have little to nothing, they are grateful for what little they do have and value it more than the rest. 


With this in mind, take a moment out of your weekend to look at what you have. To appreciate how fortunate you really are. But also, go through your clothes and pick out stuff you don’t wear. Take it to a charity store and donate it. Think about what you do with your ‘old’ clothes, and ultimately who can benefit from you giving up what you don’t ‘need’. 


You can make the difference between someone wearing all they have, and having more than they wear. You can make the difference between someone not being able to afford to buy new, but being able to buy something they would ordinarily not be in a position to. You can make the difference for someone, somewhere, somehow. 


I would go out tonight, but I haven’t got a stitch to wear…


Happy Damn Friday! x


I'd love to hear from you - you can reach me on:

@happydamnfriday on Twitter

happydamnfriday@outlook.com




Comments